Not one to drink, I thought it would be wise to get an “expert’s” opinion on the matter. In this podcast, I chat with one of my friends about the drinking culture of Korea and how it personally affects him as a Korean. Tune in to hear his answer!
Drinking is a huge part of Korean culture and society. Curious as to what Koreans think of this aspect of their culture and how they cope and manage with it, I ask one of friends to share, from his perspective what the drinking culture is like here.
Here are some questions he answers:
- What’s the legal drinking age in Korea and how old were you when you started drinking?
- What are some things people do to show respect when drinking?
- How do Koreans usually learn these drinking habits? Are they taught by their parents or do they just learn on their own?
- What about you? How’d you learn how to drink?
- What are some common drinking games?
- Personally, if you don’t drink with someone do you feel like you can be close friends with them?
- Do you enjoy the drinking culture in Korea or do you find it overwhelming sometimes?
Ep. 4 – Safety in South Korea – JuuTime
**In this podcast I actually mix Korean and English with Sanghun. Most of the Korean I used is reasked in English so don’t worry if you hear Korean, I repeat everything in English. Sanghun is studying really hard to learn English, and I think he’s doing a great job so far! Don’t you agree?